cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot backup Nas servers

Naar
Level 3

Everything was working awesome with 2010.

I recently upgraded to 2012 (major mistake).

Trying to backup  Lacie NAS servers, I was able to add the file server but when I create a backup job at the selection of files option I get the following error "fail to browse 'servername\sharename'. A communications failure has occured.".

Like I said this was working wonderful with 2010, from the Backup Server I can access the files via windows explorer, I am useing my administrative account for everything.

Thanks

for any help.. I may have to ditch this 2012 and revert back to 2010 or something else.

10 REPLIES 10

lmosla
Level 6
Take a look at this link and let me know if it helps. http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH189560 Thanks

Naar
Level 3

Did all of that. Saw that earlier also. Thanks

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is there an error message that you get while backing up or configuring this?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...BE 2012 R2/SP2 (whatever!) is going into Beta at the end of May, but that's still 7 weeks or so off. If your backups aren't working, revert back to BE 2010.

Sign up for the Beta, evaluate it and make sure it works with your environment before upgrading again.

Thanks!

Naar
Level 3

I am getting this error "A communications failure has occured"

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

If this was working well with BE 2010 you should have the correct permissions set on the NAS box already. Have you reconfirmed the logon account you are using to add and authenticate to the NAS box. Additionally, if the BESA (BE Service Account) is different from this account, could you grant/reconfirm those permissions as well.

Naar
Level 3

Done all that. Service acct and my personal acct can access the NAS. Thanks

VJware
Level 6

The error says - fail to browse 'servername\sharename

Are you adding the file server using "servername\sharename" ? Instead, try using IP address.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Then I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket and have someone look over the debugs during this process. I am sure, it will be of help.

Naar
Level 3

I tried both options, same error.