cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a quiesced snapshot because the snapshot operation exceeded the time limit for holding off I/O in the frozen virtual machine

Orionex
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Cannot create a quiesced snapshot because the snapshot operation exceeded the time limit for holding off I/O in the frozen virtual machine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ahmed_Nmichi_Ha
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi

Remove the VSS component from the Windows guest operating system, provided as part of VMware Tools. This will result in VMware Tools attempting to use an older sync driver. When a quiescent snapshot is requested, VMware Tools does not find and utilize the VSS driver and then attempts to quiesce using the sync driver. To reinstall VMware Tools without the VSS option:

1. Uninstall VMware Tools.
  2. Allow the system to reboot.
  3. Reinstall VMware Tools. Ensure that you click Custom Install.
  4. Deselect VSS.

Notes:

• This requires a reboot of the virtual machin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ahmed_Nmichi_Ha
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi

Remove the VSS component from the Windows guest operating system, provided as part of VMware Tools. This will result in VMware Tools attempting to use an older sync driver. When a quiescent snapshot is requested, VMware Tools does not find and utilize the VSS driver and then attempts to quiesce using the sync driver. To reinstall VMware Tools without the VSS option:

1. Uninstall VMware Tools.
  2. Allow the system to reboot.
  3. Reinstall VMware Tools. Ensure that you click Custom Install.
  4. Deselect VSS.

Notes:

• This requires a reboot of the virtual machin

Orionex
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Thank you very much for the fast answer !!! I will try and get back to you .

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are quoting from this document

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1018194

it would be better for you to provide a link to this document.  Otherwise, people may think that you are plagarising.