cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete a catalog and a backup in Job Monitor

Gustavo_Baschki
Level 3
Hello Everybody,

Running BEWS 9.1 on Windows Server 2003, there is job (a catalog that is done and ready) that I cannot delete, it doesn´t disappear from the Job Monitor.(the same for a backup operation)

The job stays there !

Any help ?

Thanks,

Gustavo
4 REPLIES 4

Mani_2
Level 6
Initially we would like to know whether the job is scheduled or set to run once.

Kindly verify whether the job exists in Job Setup Screen. If yes delete the job from there.

- Recycle all BackupExec Services

- Perform a Database Repair by referring the following Technote and verify the results.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265180.htm

Gustavo_Baschki
Level 3
Unfortunately the problem is still there

The jobs (one catalog and one backup) are scheduled

All services were recycled

I have ran BEUtility, BEDB was repaired but I have in job monitor the catalog 040 and the backup 0232 there

Any other idea?

Thanks

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

There seems to be some inconsistency in the Backup Exec database, hence I suggest you to dump this BE database and reload from base.
As a preliminary step we suggest you to update MDAC. You can get the latest MDAC from the following link:
http://www.microsoft.com/data
If this does not help, we suggest you to dump the Backup Exec database and reload it from base.
Follow the steps below:
1) Open BEUTILITY (C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT)
2) Add the Media server by Right clicking on "All Media Servers" and choose "Add Media Server"
3) Right click on the media server and stop the services
4) In BEUTILITY Right click on the media server name and choose "Recover Database"
5) Select Drop Database and reload from Base
6) Reboot Server
Note: All media sets, backup-2-disk folder, and other settings will have to be created or configured again, if the option Drop existing database and reload from base is selected.

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Could be a prob wth the BEDB.