cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot execute incremental backup

Androsov
Level 3

I have Backup Exec 15. And trying execute incremental backup of Exchange 2010 mailbox database.

I cannot execute incremental backup. Job finished with error (translated from Russian):

V-79-57344-65193 - The selected backup element "\\MAIL-MBX.MOSCOW.SOVMORTRANS.COM\Microsoft Information Store\Sovmortrans mdb" didn't manage to be processed for use in technology of selective restoration (GRT). In case of recovery of the database there was an error "*Null *". Restoration of separate elements won't be available to this selected element of backup

and

Final error: 0xe000fea9 - In runtime of operation in the data store of Backup Exec there was a failure. Additional information is provided in log of jobs.
Final category of an error: HEX

For receiving detailed data on this error follow the link V-79-57344-65193

But Full backup finished successfully.

What's the problem?

7 REPLIES 7

Androsov
Level 3

Thanks for answer.

I was reading all these articles before you apply to the Forum. All of these articles do not describe my case.

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Are you sending the incremental to the same disk device as the full backup ?

best regards,

cruisen

Androsov
Level 3

Yes. This is same disk device.

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

does this apply, i am not sure, but you should have a listening: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH49582

Androsov
Level 3

We not using Continuous Protection Server (CPS) Exchange.

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Androsov,

Is exchange physical or virtual, because if virtual you need to look for the veritas snaphotprovider that is not VSS.

Tell me more about your configuration, I really would like to help you.

Cruisen