cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup

Demz
Level 4

SBS 2008 with Exchange 2007 and Backup Exec 2012. When trying to backup data to disk (incremental job) I'm receiving this error: 

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000393 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

V-79-57344-915 - Unable to complete the operation.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-528 The current log file is missing. '

Full backup runs without errors.

What could be causing this? Have I configured something wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please make the below keys on Media server & then restart the services once & then check if that helps

1  GRT backup uses a temp location while performing GRT processing. This temp location is on Exchange server when the backup is to tape and on Backup Exec server when the backup is going to disk

• Within the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Exchange
  • Right click and add a new String Value, "OnHostTemp".
  • Right click and set the value of OnHostTemp to "C:\Temp".

2  Verify that the account(s) used by Backup Exec have FULL CONTROL over the C:\Temp directory.  If the permissions on this folder is not set properly, then the backup may still fail with the above error 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=TE...

3  Make the below keys in registry

Key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VirtFile"

ValueName="VFF Extended Timeout"
Type="REG_DWORD"
ValueData=600

Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VirtFile"
ValueName="Detach Timeout"
Type="REG_DWORD"
ValueData="10000"

Hope that helps

Thanks

Demz