cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove an old server from Restore Job Properties dialogue

mike_brooker
Level 5
Go to "Restore" then I select "View by resource" - in the list is an old server I previously use to back-up, it is still visable in the list, how can I remove this as it is now irrelevant. The replacement server has the same IP number, not sure if this has confused BEWS or something.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mike_brooker
Level 5

Thanks Ken - I was beginning to suspect that was the case, I'm just a little slow on the uptake, pre-coffee! 

Message Edited by mike brooker on 09-17-2008 07:58 AM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Didn't you cross-post this to another area?

Anyway - Edit the selection list, choose text mode, and delete from there

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 09-16-2008 09:13 AM

mike_brooker
Level 5

Ken - I thought I'd had posted a similar question, did a search and couldn't find it - some months ago I had trouble accssing the forum so wasn't sure if it had posted the message.

Not sure I explaining this well, this server has no selection list.

I have the "Restore Job Proeprties" dialogue window open, " View By Resource" radio buttton enabled,  "View Format Graphical" enabled. Now, in the middle viewing pane (under the "Search Catalogs" button), under "All resources" you have a tree showing a list of backed up servers, one of those servers in that list does not exit any more and I wish to delete it - simply thought I would be able to select it and delete it, bit I cannot.

I have tried your suggestion, I highlight the server that now longer exist (using "text" mode" ) - nothing is displayed no entries, nothing, blank viewing pane, so next I do the same but expand the tree out for the server that no longer exist by clicking on the "+" icon, check the back-up set, now in the viewing pane I get "Media set 123 created......." etc, select delete, it goes, but there is no confirmation dialogue, so I was pretty sure it wasn't doing what I need to do, I go back, repeat the process and the "Media set123..." is back again. 

Message Edited by mike brooker on 09-17-2008 01:49 AM

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Oh, sorry -

The restore selection list will show you all servers on all tapes/BKF files currently in the catalog, whether the actual server exists any more or not.  This allows you to do a re-directed restore if you ever need data from the decommed server

mike_brooker
Level 5

Thanks Ken - I was beginning to suspect that was the case, I'm just a little slow on the uptake, pre-coffee! 

Message Edited by mike brooker on 09-17-2008 07:58 AM