cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot restore MOSS 2007 backup from Tape

BibblemyWibble1
Level 3

We use the Syamantec Appliance 3600 running BUE2012 with SP2

We run a weekly full and nightly diff of our MOSS 2008 environment [2 webservers 1 db servers approx 350GB]

We can backup and restore to disk using the appliance and have it d2d then to tape.

However, when we try to restore from the version on tape we get some strange errors.

Following a backup to tape that has completed and varified ok we attempt a restore a file from the wizard and are promted for a different tape than is in the tape library [that has latest full on] When we cancel and try again we get prompted for a different tape again.

This was following and update to SP2, prior to SP2 we were unable to sucessfully complete a restore of sharepoint content from tape at all. We were recommended to upgrade to SP2 and thus far have been unable to start the restore.

Latest agents deployed, servers patched with latest Symantec and Windows updates.

Tape Library HP MSL2024 with 2 drives running latest library and drive firmware. Tapes LTO4 Ultrium

Does anyone have any ideas about this or have experienced similar issues restoring sharepoint from tape?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BibblemyWibble1
Level 3

We have had confirmation from Symantec following sending every log and trace possible:

As per our discussion the issue is similar to the issue that we have seen and this will be addressed in the upcoming service pack.

We do not have a ETA on the release of the Service Pack but will check with engg on the same.

Currently the only workaround that we have is to run only full backups.

This isn't great as our SharePoint full backup is over 400GB but at least is is an answer of sorts

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Seen a couple of issues after SP2 was applied in the BE forums...I'd suggest logging a call directly with Symantec support and ask them to have a look.

Thanks!

BibblemyWibble1
Level 3

Thanks Craig

We updated on the recommendation of Symantec Support

We have logged it but I guess they have more pressing issues and we are waiting a response, hence me posting to see if anyone else has the same issue,

Regards

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Well, depending on when you logged it and with what priority, I would call back and ask them to escalate or increase the level of severity so that you get a call-back sooner.

Thanks!

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

BibblemyWibble1977, 

Please Message me your case # when you have a chance 

BibblemyWibble1
Level 3

Hi Donald

Have sent case ID with a private messgae

Regards

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thanks , 

just reviewing the case now... It looks like the case is in the advancement process and being assigned to an engineer who would be reaching out to you. I will try to get the case in front of the right eyes to best expidite the process for you. 

BibblemyWibble1
Level 3

We have had confirmation from Symantec following sending every log and trace possible:

As per our discussion the issue is similar to the issue that we have seen and this will be addressed in the upcoming service pack.

We do not have a ETA on the release of the Service Pack but will check with engg on the same.

Currently the only workaround that we have is to run only full backups.

This isn't great as our SharePoint full backup is over 400GB but at least is is an answer of sorts