cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot restore from a newly catalogued media from another BE 11d Media Server

Level 2
Howdy all, just a quick query. I posted earlier about trying to salvage a supposedly missing encryption key which we have resolved. We copied over the catalog files structure from the old media server and it imported correctly into the new media server. I then tried to re-catalog the tape media I had brought over from the old server and I can inventory the tape as a test but when I try to restore it says it cannot find this tape in the Media pool. We created a new entry in the new server's "Media Pool" and manually moved the entry as it had put it into a pool called "Imported Media -> Backup Exec and Windows NT Backup Media". I look at the root media pool "All media" and this media label is there but as noted when I right click and try to "Restore Data" it does not allow me to. It keeps complaining that the media is still not cataloged even after 3 successful catalog jobs. What am I missing to get this to work as we need to decommission these 2 legacy backup servers and one went well but this second one is giving us issues with the media. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Jim
1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Please ensure, that the date filter is not checked in the Restore window.

Also, uncheck " Use Storage media-based catalogs" from Tools - Options - Catalogs.

Re-run the catalog operation. It might still fail, but the data would show in the Restore window & be available for a restore job.

P.S If this solves your issue, please mark this as a solution.