cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot restore old backup

sudermaniak
Level 3

Hello,

I'm using Backup Exec 2012 on Windows 2008 R2. I need to restore some very old data from tapes.

I have cataloged the tapes and then I was able to select the desired files and folders in the Restore Wizard.

Unfortunately after selecting the files to restore and all other options like destinantion, etc... BE throws an error:

Unable to insert the <Server_name> <Restore job name>. The restore job has no selections.

Any idea why does it happen ?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,

Are all the hotfixes and patches installed?

sudermaniak
Level 3

Hi,

Yes I have installed all available through liveupdate and HOTFIX180962 -> http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180962

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

AI am not aware that we have had any messages similar to that reported by other customers as such I suggest you log a formal support case for Symantec support to look into this

sudermaniak
Level 3

Yes I will probably create a case in Symantec meanwhile I have found the way around by creating duplicate backup set from tape to disk and I have restored the data from this duplicated backup set.

Anyway I should be to restore the data directly from tape so I will create a case.

Peds_Support
Not applicable

I am seeing this exact same error when attempting to restore from a B2D backup.  I will be logging a formal case with support.

Jibs
Level 3

I too having same error, did you guys got any solution for this?