cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run the VMware VCB command 'vcbmounter.exe'

Benji
Level 3

Hi,

We're receiving this message when we try run a VM backup, we're just trialing the agent, we've installed the VCB Framework, VMware Converter. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the Framework with no luck. Is there some simple configuration that we've missed as the only help we can find is reinstalling the framework.

Thanks

Ben

26 REPLIES 26

Symanticus
Level 6
Thanks once again bjash for your clarification, hope that this thread can be a blessing thread for everyone in the forum.

Cheers,
AWT.

Symanticus
Level 6
Ah, Sorry bjash, I forgot to clarify one more last thing.

In order to restore the backup into the ESX server, do I have to

use the vConverter software
select the existing backed up VMDK from the vcb backup proxy location
set the target as the ESX datastore

?

bjash
Level 4
 Right.  You'll be using the converter to upload the VMDK to the ESX host (to the datastore of your choosing, if you wish).

Symanticus
Level 6

Hi All,

I've tried to performs backup of my VM recently and then somehow it failed with the following error:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe3c - Before you can back up this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link
V-79-57344-65084

i thought only the GRT options with the AVVI that needs a license :|
I'm ok for my backup to be like the  .BKF file as oppose to use AVVI which can give us the full VMWare directory structure .VMX and .VMDK as long as it is free.

can anyone clarify this matter please ?

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
In order to backup an ESX server, you need to purchase license for Agent for VMware Virtual Infrastructure (AVVI). base license would not support backup or restore of virtual machines.

Thanks

Symanticus
Level 6
Hi Hemant, so what is the point of VCB - BE 12.5 integration script in the package then ?

I believe it is there to do the VM backup as free add ons without having to install AVVI license or feature.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
The integration script is older way of doing this. We used to do this way in older versions of BE, where we did not have the VMware agent.  But now, VMware agent would be a better option. Although, you can still use integration scripts.

Thanks