cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start an Oracle Session

Sebastien_Lecle
Level 3
Hello,
I can't use the Oracle agent after upgrading from 10d to 11d.  I have 2 Oracle servers (9i and 10g).  The result is the same for both servers, I can configure the Remote Agent (vxmon) correctly (at least without any error message), but when I select the database to backup in Backup Exec, I receive this message :

Failed to access Oracle Database "[DB SID]" [Open]
Cannot start an Oracle session. Check that the logon credentials are correct, and have sufficient privileges.

What I have done so far :
Created an Oracle account (sysdba privileges) : bck_oracle
Created a local user account on the Oracle server (in groups Administrators and ORA_DBA) : backup_oracle
The account bck_oracle is configured in the Oracle tab of the remote agent (with correct SID and password).  The media server name is also configured there, with full FQDN (mediaserver.domain.com)
The account backup_oracle is configured is the database access tab of the remote agent, in the form oracleserver\backup_oracle, nothing else configured in this tab.
The account backup_oracle is also configured in the list of credentials on the BE server (Tools, Options, Oracle, Modify list), using the same form : oracleserver\backup_oracle
The default account in BE server is a domain admin account.  The BE services on the BE server are starting with these credentials (configured during installation).

The version on both machines (BE server and Oracle Server) is 11.0 Rev 7170, latest patches installed.

Is there something I am missing?
Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

Sebastien_Lecle
Level 3
Hum, lot of posts unreplied here...
Do someone got the same problem, or have better documentation than Symantec's one?
Thanks!

alex77
Level 2
I'm experiencing the same problem. Running backup exec 11d 7170.
Anyone have any good sugestions?