cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot truncate logs on Exchange 2010

mark25
Level 4

HI All,

I'm experiencing now on my test environment , w/c is truncating logs is not performing in exchange 2010.

I'll also try the FF. isolation below.

* Initiate Full Backup w/ AOFO is enable and GRT for Exchange is enable

*Initiate Full backup, uncheck AOFO and GRT for exchange is enable

*Initiate Full backup, Enable AOFO/ uncheck GRT for exchange.

*Initiate Full Backup, Uncheck AOFO and GRT for Exchange.

I also put the Mailbox database on Enable Circular logging in EMC.

Also noticed that after a successful backup, my logs are increasing, since i expect is to decrease (delete)

*Backup Exec 16

*Exchange 2010

* Deduplication Disk

*Basic Disk

*Caso is enable.

Thanks

Mark 25

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you enable circular logging then log truncation is not used (but I think you only did this as a test)

Backup Exec itself does not have a setting to specifically truncate logs as it is a function of the VSS writer/provider operation when the different Exchange backup jobs run.

As such you shoud be looking at the event logs on the Exchange servers to see if anything relating to VSS, ESE, or Exchange itself is confirming that a log truncation is being performed or failing

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you enable circular logging then log truncation is not used (but I think you only did this as a test)

Backup Exec itself does not have a setting to specifically truncate logs as it is a function of the VSS writer/provider operation when the different Exchange backup jobs run.

As such you shoud be looking at the event logs on the Exchange servers to see if anything relating to VSS, ESE, or Exchange itself is confirming that a log truncation is being performed or failing