cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get Backup Exec 2010 to Backup Domain Controller

johnzynx
Level 2
Well From Backup Exec 2010 I have deployed and Agent to one of our Domain Controllers and it installs great. When I go to add it in windows machines or browse for it I cant see it. I have a few other servers on the same domain as im backing up multiple domains and the backup works for them. Im using administrator credentials to try and log into the DC but nothing works. We are not able to add local accounts either as I have a service account being used for all other servers. What is the solution?
5 REPLIES 5

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

1  : Check if the Remote Agent Service is running on the Domain Controller and its running under Local System Account, if its running try to restart the service.

2  : Check adding the Domain Controller under "User Defined Selections" by the IP Address

Hope this helps....

johnzynx
Level 2
The agent is running. It was able to deploy the agent just fine using the ip but when I go to add it to windows systems in new job none of my credentials will work including the administrator account for that domain. Will check number 2  shortly

ahall
Level 3
Are these windows 2008 domain controllers?

ahall
Level 3
If so .... http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/331589.htm

Make sure the backupexec system account has "Log on as batch job" rights in the GP for Default Domain Security Policy.

Symanticus
Level 6
guys, 

cmiiw, to backup WIndows Server AD database i think you don't need the Active Directory agent since the backup components is the SYSTEM STATE data, which is can be backup through NTBackup Utility too.

one of the reason I install / buy the AD agent is to granular restore only.