cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Usage Exceeded

RSoutofEther
Level 1

Hi Folks, wondering if anyone here knows of a solution for this.

My organization has gone over our licensed capacity for the number of days they allow, all backup jobs are now failing. No one noticed until the backups stopped.

This was caused by replacing a number of VM's and leaving the old virtual machine files around just in case. I can easily prune things down to within what we are licensed for, and there is not desire to buy additional capacity.

Even after removing several large files from several jobs to get the total down where it should be, bhe usage listed on the dashboard has not changed and we can not run backups.

Support is telling me I can either spend money now (not an option) or wait 30 days for the counter to reset.
Obviously no backups for 30 days is not an acceptable option either.

The question, is there any way to get the backups working right away? I think there has to be. The current scenario seems like it would be unacceptable to most customers, and therefore there must be some kind of workaround or fix for it. We are on 20.5 BTW.

If anyone knows of a solution everyone here would be super grateful for your assistance.

Thank You!

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Unfortunately, Support is correct.

It is not Veritas fault that your organisation missed the warnings about capacity being exceeded.  Your organisation was given ample warnings and extra time to correct the licencing violation.

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

RogRubin
Employee

To add to PKH and Gurvinders answers.

I am not 100% sure if you mean with the following comment the feature of removing three backup sets from the calcution:
"Even after removing several large files from several jobs to get the total down where it should be, bhe usage listed on the dashboard has not changed and we can not run backups."
See Q16 from the above link

If you havent used that feature yet, be very careful against which backup set you are using this option; see Q16 again from the above link.

If you have then PKH is 100% correct.