cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CatDump.exe Utility

Robert_Gagnon
Level 3
In past versions of BE I was able to flat file our archive catalogs and search them in more detail. Since v11D it no longer works. Is there any other method to do this? or an updated CatDump utility in the works.
12 REPLIES 12

Christiane_Pete
Level 4
Employee
Hi Robert,

We no longer have a CatDump utility for catalog files in Backup Exec for Windows v11d, however you should be able to open the XML files and read it in this format.

Regards,

Christiane

Robert_Gagnon
Level 3
Hi Christiane,

I open the .XML files in MSExcel and I am able to retrieve setting and backup info but not the file listing. The .hf file that does contain the file list does not parse? Do I require a schema to do this via the XML file or other tool to view it in its entirety.

Thanks fr your help ... Bob G.

Christiane_Pete
Level 4
Employee
Hi Robert,

I actually found a CatDump for Backup Exec for Windows Servers v11d.  You can download it from the Symantec FTP site in a folder named RobertGagnon (ftp://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/outgoing/RobertGagnon/).

Regards,

Christiane

Robert_Gagnon
Level 3
Thank you! That was what I needed.

Brett_Mow
Level 3
Is it still possible to get a copy of the catdump utility for Windows Server 11.0d?  I do not see it under the specified ftp folder, and I am interested in obtaining a copy of it.

Thank you

thegoolsby
Level 6
Employee Accredited

athronas
Not applicable
If possible I'd like to get a copy now as well.

Edward_Ellis
Level 2
This is a very useful utility, but I want to use it in batch mode.  Is there some way to get it to not open the resulting file in Internet Explorer?

machinethunder
Not applicable
Both of the posted links to FTP are dead now. Could you please advise on how one could obtain a copy? Thx. 

Edward_Ellis
Level 2
I got my copy by submitting a support request.

computergeek103
Level 2
I tried going to the outgoing folder and I can not access anymore. Is it down right now?

computergeek103
Level 2
Ok Thanks.