cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Error - ODBC access error. Possible lost connection to database or unsuccessful access to ca

Burak_Babac
Level 1
Catalog Error - ODBC access error. Possible lost connection to database or unsuccessful access to catalog index in the database. V-280-2003 When I do the restore operation I cannot browse the backup set. I get the following error: Backup Exec Alert: Catalog Error Message: ODBC access error. Possible lost connection to database or unsuccessful access to catalog index in the database. V-280-2003 I installed all required Feature Packs but it is not fixed. The last Feature Pack that I installed is 20.5
4 REPLIES 4

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

You would have to go into the Application Event Log and look at the details of the Event.

The details of the Event will determine the cause and possible solution.

I'm experiencing the same issue and error message. These are the three Events from the Application Log. 

Log Name: Application
Source: Backup Exec CatErrorHandler Server
Event ID: 34326
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic

Access to catalog index (Catalog index database) failed.
Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error CCatRecordSet::GetRecordCount
r:\orcas\1188.2718r\becat\segodbc\seg_odbc.cpp(3631)
{CALL CATDLM_New_GetExpirableMedia(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}

For more information, click the following link:
https://telemetry.community.veritas.com/entt?product=BE&module=eng-event&error=V-379-34326&build=ret...

Source: Backup Exec CatErrorHandler Server
Event ID: 34326

Access to catalog index (Catalog index database) failed.
Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error CCatRecordSet::GetRecordCount
{CALL CATDLM_New_GetExpirableMedia(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}

https://telemetry.community.veritas.com/entt?product=BE&module=eng-event&error=V-379-34326&build=ret...

Source: Backup Exec
Event ID: 34338

Backup Exec Alert: Catalog Error
(Server: "NAME") ODBC access error. Possible lost connection to database or unsuccessful access to catalog index in the database.

https://telemetry.community.veritas.com/entt?product=BE&module=eng-event&error=V-379-34338&build=ret...

we are having identical problem and errors in the event log.   When doing a backup of Exchange, it dies on the catalog.   The backup set doesn't appear under the machine, but it does appear in the list of backup sets under the Storage.  If we try to catalog that file it does immediately with the ODBC errors and the detail shown above, ex: 

We've done the set trustworthy thing.  Changed out catalog options (unchecking things), matched what we had in our older server, running out of options.

RogRubin
Employee

I think you probably best served by opening a support case.
It sounds like that there might be an issue with the catalog folder at the same time you mentioned "old server" which indicates that you might have migrated the data to a new server which could be another reason of the above error.
If you speak with support and the issue started post server migration, please mention this as this will help the technician to better understand your issue and provide you with a solution.