cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Errors after Feature Pack 1 and Hotfix 232086 installation

Borealis
Level 4

Greetings everyone,

3 days ago I have installed the Feature pack 1 and the hotfix 232086 and also updated the remote agents. Symantec claims that the HotFix 232086 corrects the "cosmetic" error logs (ref. TECH228725, TECH231540, TECH232086) however, these error logs keep appearing every hour. The Backup and Cataloging jobs were performed with success, but, it's very annoying to have more than 130 "cosmetics" alerts in a WKD period.

Although, I have already open a support case #09447003 with Symantec Enterprise Support, I thought to place the issue into the forum in case someone else has already deal with this issue

Productive environment specs

Backup Exec 15 with deduplication option running on a Physical box Windows Server 2012 R2 Std x64 with local SQL instance hosted by SQL 2008R2 Express x64.

Any help is much appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you have the exact same error message as mentioned in the above KBs ?

Have you tried running catrebuildindex -r ?

Borealis
Level 4

Hi VJware and thank you for the reply,

YES, we do have the exact same error message (event ID 34326) with the one described in TECH231540 The only difference is the bold word.

YES, we do perform MS Exchange (2010) backups

Access to catalog index (Catalog index database) failed.
Reason:  [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error CCatRecordSet::GetRecordCount
r:\maldives\1180r\becat\segodbc\seg_odbc.cpp(3629)
{CALL CATDLM_New_GetExpirableMedia(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}  

For more information, click the following link:
http://entced.symantec.com/entt?product=BE&module=eng-event&error=V-379-34326&build=retail&version=14.2.1180.1162&language=EN&os=Windows_V-6.2.9200_SP-0.0_PL-0x2_SU-0x110_PT-0x3

YES, I have tried the catrebuildindex -r. Rebuild completed with success but that didn't resolved my case.

Symantec Enterpise Support Service at the initial session has run a couple of other CLI commands with success but again nothing have changed regarding my case.

Alerts are logged every approx 1 hour in pairs and for every alerting pair there're 2 application events logs (34326, 34338).

VJware
Level 6

Apart from the highlighted word, the error message which you receive does not contain "Reason:  [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]'UtcToLocalTime' failed because parameter 1 is not allowed to be null"

It's highly possible that you are facing a different issue than the one referenced in the KB and as such the FP1 fix may not apply.

Let me have a look @ your case.

Borealis
Level 4

Hi VJware,

This means that shouldn't have had installed FP1 and the hotfix at the first place?

Great!! So, what options do I have now?

Thank you in advance for your help

VJware
Level 6

It may be possible that the FP1 install wasn't completely successful as it referenced "Maldives" in the error instead of "Avian". Was a repair install of BE attempted ?

I would recommend continue working with the level 2 support who is researching on this issue and will work with the next level if necessary to get the issue rectified asap.

Borealis
Level 4

The install made throught live update and reported as successful. The same for the hotfix. Except the catrebuilt... nothing else has been done nor a repair install of BE.

Until the problem get rectified, I will keep the thread open and I will post back at the completion.

Once again, thank you very much for your follow up support.

leifr
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

hi,

I have same issue. Been working with Veritas for 2 weeks now. No solution yet

jan_villeres
Level 4

Hi!

Any positive feedback from Veritas support in this issue?

We are experincing the same symptoms (odbc errors:maldives) and more such as:
a. viewing of job histories stuck in loading...
b. viewing of backup sets stuck in loading...
c. veritas quick assists found database schema mismatch.
d. database repair ended with errors.
e. checked FP3 install logs but no errors during the BEMIG.

We have logged also a formal case with support. Hoping that they can resolve this quickly.

Thank you very much,

leifr
Level 3

hi Jan,

Yes Veritas support was able to solve my issue.

My issue was related to that expired backup set was not deleted and the odbc error came once every 1 hour.

This is a CAS-MMS environment.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000099848

The down most event in this technote referes to Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.CatDlmProcessedImage

Solution was to delete Primary key on from bedb on both cas and mms.

jan_villeres
Level 4

Thank you leifr for the update.

Ours is also a CAS-MMS environment.

Veritas support started working with us today. So far it looks promissing and we are very hopeful.

Once our issue gets resolved, we also share the solution for the general benefit.

Cheers!

Gareth_
Level 0

Hi jan.villeres, we are experiancing EXACTLY the same symtons. Was Veritas support able to find a solution?

Deniz_Armagan
Level 4

did you find any solution this problem ? like my problem is same

cat rebuild command dosent work problem is still continue and not delete expiered backup sets

and when try to manualy delete command ( left clik and select expire) odbc error was blinking

my error logs are below

Reason:  [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error CCatRecordSet::GetRecordCount
r:\maldives\1180r\becat\segodbc\seg_odbc.cpp(3629)

Reason:  [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.UtcToLocalTime", or the name is ambiguous. CCatRecordSet::Open
r:\maldives\1180r\becat\segodbc\seg_odbc.cpp(1889)