cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Location with CASO

NeilMurphy65
Level 4
Hi,

I have a CASO/SSO implementation of BEWS 12.5. It consists of the central server and 3 managed media server, all running on Windows Server 2003 R2.

I have noticed that although the catalog location option (Media Servers\right click on managed media server\properties\Advanced tab) has been set to "Cental administration server (centralized)" for each managed media server, catalogs are being created on both the CASO server and the managed media servers. Also, the two other catalog location options, "Managed media server (distributed)" and "Both servers (replicated)" are grayed out.

Has anyone seen this or can anyone suggest a solution?

Many thanks,

Neil.
7 REPLIES 7

NeilMurphy65
Level 4
I should also mention that the CASO server is also the primary server for SSO and all managed media servers have SSO enabled.

NeilMurphy65
Level 4

It turns out that catalogs are only being stored in both locations on one of the managed media servers. The other two are behaving as expected. Could it be that the original installation of this managed media server was wrong and it needs a reinstall?

CarolineKiel
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Neil,
I think, you're right. If your problem exists only on one of the mms, I would suggest a reinstall of this machine.
Please remember to disable it in CASo, as well as in SSO before uninstalling BEWS.

Regards,Oliver
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

NOT necessarily.
There is a registry hack you can make to make sure it is pointing to the correct place.
However, before reinstalling BEWS I would suggest removing this particular server from the CASO server, and restart the services on that server. Once done, run throguh adding it to the CASSO server again using BEutility. For some reason there tends to be a bit of corruption at times...
Where do you want to store your catalogs?

NeilMurphy65
Level 4
I want to keep the catalogs on the CASO server only. That way, I don't have to worry about catalogs using up space on my managed media servers. I've got a feeling the original install may have specified storing the catalog in both locations.

CraigV
Hi Neil,

Did you come right here?

CraigV
Hi Neil,

Have you come right at all???