cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog error E0000900

Cosplay
Level 3

When I do inventory and catalog job for deduplication storage I got the following error:

Loading media-based catalog set list from the storage media.
Thursday, May 24, 2018 2:06:38 PM - The requested media (sequence number 5 in the media family being cataloged) was not listed in the catalog's media index, and therefore, it could not be mounted.
No data from this media will be included in the disk based catalogs.
Performing an inventory operation on this media and rerunning the catalog operation should resolve the problem.
An error was encountered while attempting to read the Media Based Catalog's Set Map data.
Attempting to catalog the media by reading the data area of each backup set.

Drive and media mount requested: 5/24/2018 2:06:39 PM
Media mount failed.
Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.

Media GUID: {E21FA472-6A25-480D-8F8C-1519803E50E6}
Robotic Library Name: DedupPool_2

Inventory job completed successfully. If I rerun inventory and catalog I got just the same.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cosplay
Level 3

Resolved issue.

1. Enable Show Hidden Media in registry

2. Identify failed media by running inventory job

3. Erase media by running stserase:

stserase -c "deduplication pool logon account":"deduplication pool logon account password" -f PureDisk:"Server Name" -i "Media ID to erase"

for example: stserase -c dedup:password -f PureDisk:MMS01 -i BEOST_00000179

This command will erase media BEOST_00000179

4. Run Inventory and Catalog operation

In my case this solved the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer Backup Exec catalogs Technote -> Catalog failure section https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100042698

The set where you are receiving the error seems to have spanned. This means that the Media Number 5 (5th Media of the backup set) is missing. Hence it recommends to do an Inventory. But since this is a dedupe and we dont move out the media, the media seems to be missing and running an inventory as you said will not yield much. 

When you expand the Catalog Job Log , check this error section in the job log and then find which media was mounted before this failure was seen. You can then enable showhiddenmedia and check the set in that media. Most probably this could be a partial set. If you are able to find that set (since the catalog atleast seem to work till 4th media) check the date of backup and confirm if the backup completed successfully or not. 

The requested media (sequence number 5 in the media family being cataloged) was not listed in the catalog's media index, and therefore, it could not be mounted.
No data from this media will be included in the disk based catalogs.

"

Cosplay
Level 3

Resolved issue.

1. Enable Show Hidden Media in registry

2. Identify failed media by running inventory job

3. Erase media by running stserase:

stserase -c "deduplication pool logon account":"deduplication pool logon account password" -f PureDisk:"Server Name" -i "Media ID to erase"

for example: stserase -c dedup:password -f PureDisk:MMS01 -i BEOST_00000179

This command will erase media BEOST_00000179

4. Run Inventory and Catalog operation

In my case this solved the problem.