cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog error...

BeezKneez
Level 4
 Trying to catalog some old tapes from over a year ago and I get the following error...

"Catalog 00021 -- The job failed with the following error: Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier."

I've looked up the error and tried what it said, but no joy. Anyone have any ideas???

5 REPLIES 5

BeezKneez
Level 4
 let me add a little more here....

I can see the catalogs when I click on restore, then view by media. Most of them have a little question mark on them though and I cant see any of the data. It shows me the date, what server it is and the size.....but it just wont let me see anything.

BeezKneez
Level 4
gentle nudge....

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Are U trying to Catalog tapes? how? why?

I don't understand U,  usually catalog is updated by the netbackup evironment as the backup keeps running,

BeezKneez
Level 4
Yeah, trying to catalog tapes. Upstairs wants to see how far back we can go. This is a pain....but if you know of a better way to find the monthly backups from 3 years ago, I'm all ears. The tapes aren't labeled by the way, just numbered.

BeezKneez
Level 4
ohh, also....the backups from years past were performed on a different server.......so I have to catalog a tape, restore the catalog folder from that tape, and copy it into the exisisting catalog folder.....make sense?? haha