01-09-2020 03:43 PM - edited 01-09-2020 03:46 PM
Please note I am not allowed to call Veritas because we are a non-profit with a donated license. There is no option to buy support.
BE 20.5 rev 1188 on Server 2019. This is a fresh install of the OS and BE.
When I run an Inventory and Catalog, the Backup Exec Job Engine service eventually dies which disables the entire server.
- The B2D folder is directly attached.
- The B2D folder contains about 6TB of backups with 4TB still available. This happens even if the backup data is much smaller. The drive array does not have any problems or errors.
- The Inventory portion succeeds.
- Catalog job runs for a couple hours.
- Job progress window shows the various contents getting cataloged, then quietly disappears.
- The storage device has a red X, Job Failed.
- The the storage device error message says "Catalog 00006 -- The job failed with the following error: The local job has been recovered. No user action is required."
It's easy to miss the fact that this server is dead! In fact the Backup Exec Job Engine service on this Media Server stops when the following failures happen.
Event Viewer contains the following series of related errors in this order:
- An error occurred while processing a B2D command. Drive: ReadFMTable() SFMB Not Found (F:\BEData\B2D001147.bkf). Error=13 (NOTE this file DOES exist and is timestamped with the time of this error)
- A format inconsistency was encountered while attempting to access or process tape based catalogs on device "BackupSet3". (NOTE this is disk based backup, not tape)
- Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed. (Server: "SRV-BACKUP2") (Job: "Catalog 00006") Catalog 00006 -- The job failed with the following error: The local job has been recovered. No user action is required. (boy is THAT false)
I have already tried wiping the storage array and re-creating a fresh B2D device on the media server, but once some backups are present, I get the same failure.
Inventory / Catalog on other non-attached media succeeds, like a remote share and a cloud storage. Those remote devices are much smaller than the attached storage array.
Thanks in advance! I'm really in a pickle.