Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog file move

Hobbby
Level 3
Hi guys,

Backup exec version 11d.

The server C drive where the application is loaded is not configured to be large enough to store the large catalog files so I moved them using the function in options catalog menu.  The process informed me to complete the move I needed to restart the services which I did.  After starting the services the catalog files were never moved.  Is this something I need to do manually?  If i move the files manually is there anything I need to do to rebuild the database so the software recognizes the move?

Thank you for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tech29
Level 6

Hi,

After you change the catalog location, the next catalog files will be saved on the new catalog location after you restart the Backup exec services, however, you have to manually copy the old catalogs files from the old location to the new location.  You do not yave to rebuild the database for this.

Please refer to point 13 and 14 in the following document:

13. Copy all the files from the previous catalogs folder and subfolder (if one exists) with extensions .xml, .fh, and .U01 (Figure 6 )

14. Paste the copied files to the root of current ( target ) catalogs folder.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/264680.htm

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,
tech29

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

tech29
Level 6

Hi,

After you change the catalog location, the next catalog files will be saved on the new catalog location after you restart the Backup exec services, however, you have to manually copy the old catalogs files from the old location to the new location.  You do not yave to rebuild the database for this.

Please refer to point 13 and 14 in the following document:

13. Copy all the files from the previous catalogs folder and subfolder (if one exists) with extensions .xml, .fh, and .U01 (Figure 6 )

14. Paste the copied files to the root of current ( target ) catalogs folder.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/264680.htm

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,
tech29

Hobbby
Level 3
Thank you that seemed to do the trick.  Hopefully the backup will run smooth tonight :)

tech29
Level 6
Nice to know that the catalog issue is resolved. I am pretty sure the backups will run with no issues as we have not made any changes in the job configuration or the backup exec database.

Can you please mark this as solution so as to close this discussion.

Regards,
tech29