cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog job won't run

JustTryinToGetI
Level 6

I am using Backup Exec 2010. I have pulled a tape off my shelf for a restore job. I have inventoried the job. But when I do the Catalog job, it begins with "Loading media"...but then after 10 minutes or so, the job status goes to "?Queued".

I saw a TechNote that said to go to Tools, Options, Catalog and 'Deselect" Use storage media-based catalogs. This change appeared to 'do something' in that the catalog job took a lil while longer to go to the "?Queued" state.

Any ideas as to how to catalog this tape?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

try the following:

1. Stop the BE services and rename the Catalogs folder to Catalogs.old. Do NOT delete it.

2. Restart the BE services which should recreate the folder Catalogs.

3. Try running the Catalog job. If it succeeds, and you restore your data, then stop the BE services again, and rename Catalogs.old to Catalogs after deleting the temporary Catalogs folder.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

try the following:

1. Stop the BE services and rename the Catalogs folder to Catalogs.old. Do NOT delete it.

2. Restart the BE services which should recreate the folder Catalogs.

3. Try running the Catalog job. If it succeeds, and you restore your data, then stop the BE services again, and rename Catalogs.old to Catalogs after deleting the temporary Catalogs folder.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check whether there is any outstanding alerts.

Also, disable the catalog in sequence option because your tape might not be the first one in the backup set.

JustTryinToGetI
Level 6

Craig...very good. This enabled me to run a catalog job. The job does take several hours to run. But it does run.

Thank you again.