Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog of Duplicate Backups on USB External Disks Failure

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello All,

Can someone help me diagnose what the issue can be.

I have duplicated backup sets from an appliance before upgrading to R4.

The issue now is taht i have several external disks with the duplicates and the catalogs have different failures.

Sometimes the catalog is fast, sometimes slow.

I have used the following technote when the catalogs were not running at all,

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH153771

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH44676

but now the issue is that the priority for the working catalog is medium and i can't seem to change it to highest.

I tried copying the contents of the disk to the appliance and cataloging the files. This option did not work.

The network shutsdown at 6:30p.m and the running catalog is incomplete.

How can I change the priority of the catalog to highest and possibly cataloging only a few files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi CraigV,

Happy New Year!!!

You are fast earning a place on my MVSE list. I have several people I get support from on this list.

Thank you for your response but the hard disks are fine. The earlier suggestion from support was probably an incompatible disk which was not the case.

I actually discovered that though the catalog was not completing, I could change the date to an earlier months from the restore wizard and see the files to be restored.

The case has already been closed.

I hope this will help someone else.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Do the drives have actual hardware errors? In which case you need to try resolve those first before trying to catalog them. Hardware errors on HDDs would explain slow catalog operations.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi CraigV,

Happy New Year!!!

You are fast earning a place on my MVSE list. I have several people I get support from on this list.

Thank you for your response but the hard disks are fine. The earlier suggestion from support was probably an incompatible disk which was not the case.

I actually discovered that though the catalog was not completing, I could change the date to an earlier months from the restore wizard and see the files to be restored.

The case has already been closed.

I hope this will help someone else.