cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Cataloging B2D

Joji
Level 5

I just tried cataloging several B2D files. The jobs were successful but the byte count is 0. Is that normal? Please see below:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

You would only catalog the media if you do not see the contents in the restore. If you see the contents then you can just restore. No need to catalog again with use storage media based catalog selected

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB

Check the restore window if you are able to see the catalogs. If not then try below steps.

1) Stop all BE services.

2) Rename existing catalogs folder and then recreate a new folder with the same name.

Catalogs folder is located at X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec

3) Start all the BE services

4) Click on Tools->Options->Catalogs-> uncheck "use storage based media"

4) Run catalog job again 

Gurvinder

do you see the catalogs for those b2ds if you right click on them from devices tab and choose restore data.

Gurvinder

It is normal if the use storage media based option is selected and the catalogs exists for the B2D that is being catalogged

Joji
Level 5

@Gurvinder: I do see the files for those B2Ds when I right click on them and chose restore.

Also, Use Storage Media Based Option is selected. So do I follow AmolZeroCool's advise to uncheck this option?

Thanks in advance.

Gurvinder

You would only catalog the media if you do not see the contents in the restore. If you see the contents then you can just restore. No need to catalog again with use storage media based catalog selected