cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogs from append jobs are missing

Michael_Sovitzk
Level 3
I have 10d on a server backing up to some LaCie external HD's. Friday night, I run a full overwrite backup job, and each weeknight, I run a Differential append job. I checked the Diff logs and it does show as appending.

I've been backing up to this same device for months, however, I only see one week's worth back of differential catalogs to restore from? How come there aren't months worth of data to restore, not just the prior week?

Thank you for your help!

Michael
5 REPLIES 5

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you cataloged the media before?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Michael_Sovitzk
Level 3
Does that mean I have to select the device on the Devices tab, and right click on each of the media items on the right and choose Catalog?

Thanks!

Michael

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
Another possibility is that your Weekly Full Backups are overwriting your daily differential backup files. What is the Overwrite Protection Period for the differential backups?

Michael_Sovitzk
Level 3
It's set to infinite - allow append.

Michael

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Michael

Will you try renaming the catalog folder (then the restore selections in BE will be empty)and then do the append operation if the restore selection shows any entries?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.