Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CentOs 5.11 - RALUS Problem

Rafael_Caobianc
Level 2

Hello,

I Have a CentOS 5.11 server and i've installed RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-5204.4

I did the trust relationship between the client and the server sucessfully.

But i Cannot expand the ROOT selection list for this server, because Backup Exec Server freezes.

My Server is 2010 R3, with all updates applied.

Here's an event log from the server:

Windows(R) Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) failed a request to connect to Active Directory Domain Services(R) for Windows user <LATAM\backupbr>.

Without the corresponding UNIX identity of the Windows user, the user cannot access Network File System (NFS) shared resources.

Verify that the Windows user is in Active Directory Domain Services and has access permissions.

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As this is not supported which means that it is not tested, anything can happen, like this problem.

Being able to backup your CentOS servers does not mean that everything is O.K.  You might find yourself in a situation where you are unable to do a restore.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
CentOS is never supported by any version of BE

Rafael_Caobianc
Level 2

Pkh

Thanks for quickly answer.

I know that CentOs is officialy not supported by BE, but it works with no problem.

I have a lot of server CentOS 5 or CentOS 6 and i can make backup with no problem.

This is a isolated case.

Thanks in advance.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As this is not supported which means that it is not tested, anything can happen, like this problem.

Being able to backup your CentOS servers does not mean that everything is O.K.  You might find yourself in a situation where you are unable to do a restore.

Artegic
Level 6

The same may of course happen if you back up a server running a supported Linux version.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
In that case you can get Symantec to help

Artegic
Level 6

Not in my experience. You can call them, yes, and they won't hang up immediately. (Which they would if you mentioned CentOS.) They may even find a reason why the restore doesn't work. (Though it's more likely they'll find something unsupported in your environment, such as for example that you installed the latest security updates, which will again cause them to hang up on you.) But that won't help you get your data back.

The only way you can make reasonably sure you'll be able to restore your data is to test it regularly, and that works whether Symantec does or doesn't support your particular Linux flavor.