cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chancel Jobs by script

amylee36
Level 1

Hello together Smiley Happy

We installed at our APC UPS a Network Management Card, so we can shut down servers automatically in case of power loss.

Now I wish to shut down our tape library HP MSL4048 a little bit earlier than the backupserver.

Now I will do a skript to run, which stops the Jobs from Backup Exec - is it done with stopping just the service BackupExecJobEngine?

You are welcome with other ideas!

Thanks a lot - Kind regards, Amy Lee

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
That should be it, but a better option is to shut down all the services and this should be simple to add. Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If the service are stopped then depending on the state of each job at the time it will either cancel it or fail it.

However Job engine won't always stop in a timely manner if backup jobs are active at the time AND if this happens a job cancel would probably NOT stop in a timely manner either.

As such I wouldn't bother trying to cancel the jobs just try to stop the services and have a second option if the services won't stop.

One thing to bear in mind is that (as an example) snapshots against things like VMware may be left behind when a Backup Server either fails or has services interupted mid job - so you may have some housekeeping to do once you clear your power issues - so whoever manages the backups shoud check every resource that might have been subject to an active backup at the time.

Ovi_I
Level 4

Here are two commands i use. I never had succes with cancelig a job via console. you could try tho.

# see active running jobs: Get-BEJob -Status Active

# Cancel all of the active backup jobs:
Get-BEJob -Status "Active" | Stop-BEJob | ft –auto