cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Client Schedule name from IP Address to Hostname

Rendezvous_Royz
Level 3

Hi Team,

I` ve a Backup Exec master server where some of the client schedules are being backed up using IPs.

Now I want to change those schedules name from IP address to their hostname.

Please suggest in this regard

Thanks

Saurabh Roy

+918826887361

Backup Admin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

as Client Schedules and Master Server are not terms usually used with Backup Exec are you asking about the correct product or really using NetBackup?

if asking about Backing Exec then I thinks others have already answered this in that you have to delete and recreate by name instead of by IP.. However if asking about NetBackup then you need to post in the correct forum

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Change it within BE and it should be fine. Using an IP address simply gets around any DNS issues you might have.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to add the servers to BE using their hostnames and then create backup jobs for these hostnames.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...they've really made things hard nowadays...:(

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

as Client Schedules and Master Server are not terms usually used with Backup Exec are you asking about the correct product or really using NetBackup?

if asking about Backing Exec then I thinks others have already answered this in that you have to delete and recreate by name instead of by IP.. However if asking about NetBackup then you need to post in the correct forum

I`m asking about Backup Exec.

Thanks for the info. I`ve updated the description in the Schedule name with their hostname without removing old schedules as it was a customer requirement for better view with hostname. Creating new schedules is a longer activity.