cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change account for Deduplication disk storage

Sergey_A1
Level 2

Please tell me how to change the account deduplitcated storage, I accidentally deleted my account from my account manager Backup Exec 2012, and now my store state constantly offline. I created the account again with the same name, but I can not change it in the properties Dedup. storage. How i can change this?

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Sergey_A1
Level 2

Hi,

Yes, I've read these KB, and reset passwords using spauser.exe -c-u, but I can not change the account deduplication disk storage because it's gray. 
be2012.png

This article describes how to change the account:

Changing the BE Logon Account for a Deduplication Folder
  • Bring up the Properties for the deduplication folder (Right Click the deduplication folder and select Properties from the menu.
  • Click the "..." button to the right of the Logon Account to bring up the BE Logon Accounts dialog.
  • Note the user name associated with the current Logon Account
  • Create a new Logon Account.  Select any Account Name and password that meets your needs.
  • However, the user name field must exactly match the user name from step 3.
  • Select this new Logon Account as the Logon Account for the deduplication folder.
  • If the password is different from the original password see Changing the Deduplication Folder Password

but as I understand it for the BE2010, where in 2012 I find this "Properties for the deduplication folder"???

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend to log a formal support case as there are couple of internal methods to get this back working.

Please use BEMCLI to change this acccount:

BEMCLI> set-BEDeduplicationDiskStorageDevice -InputObject Deduplicationfolder -LogonAccount DOMAIN\Dedp.Account