cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change incremental backup destination

Why_u_no_work
Level 3

Hello all, 

we are currently using Backup Exec 2012 to backup an old EV installation and file share. The current storage for these backups is filling up and we have purchased new storage. We are running the jobs as incrementals becuase the the data set so too large to perform fulls (it's TB's being backed up). Does anyone know if I can just go into the job and change the destination or will I need to perform a move of the older data? Performing a full backup can take up 2 weeks so creating a new full is not a possiblilty at this time. 

Thanks and Happy New Year!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

As far as I know, this will not work.

But let me ask you, are you closing the EV vault store partitions and creating new ones regularly? By doing this you can dramatically reduce the backup time because you only need to backup the open partitions on a daily basis.

You don't have to backup closed partition regularly. Just back them up frequently as there will not be any changes in closed partitions, unlike open partition.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

As far as I know, this will not work.

But let me ask you, are you closing the EV vault store partitions and creating new ones regularly? By doing this you can dramatically reduce the backup time because you only need to backup the open partitions on a daily basis.

You don't have to backup closed partition regularly. Just back them up frequently as there will not be any changes in closed partitions, unlike open partition.

--Virgil

Virgil,

We are not creating new EV vault stores. The actual incremental backup is really shot, a couple of minutes. But to run a new full backup takes a couple of week. I think I will just run a duplication job and then move the location of the back to the new storage.