cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change user account

mda708
Level 4

Currently i am taking backups for Windows server 2008 R2 and Exchange 2007,2010 using Symantec Backup Exec 2012 and symantec Backup 2010.

I want to change the user account for the backups which i am taking. if i change the user account do i need to install agent again or just need to change the credentials. The old account was domain admin and the new account is also domain admin

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

No need to reinstall the agent. If the account is the same one used for the BE services and the jobs, you'll have to change the account at two locations.

One is by either using BEUtility or you could manually edit the BE services and change the account info. For BE 2012, you can also do the change from Configuration & Settings - BE services - Change credentials and for BE 2010, you can do it from Tools - BE services - Services credentials.

The other would be by editing the system logon account. For BE 2012, it would be from Configuration & Settings - Logon Accounts - Manage Logon accounts and for BE 2010 it would be from Network - Logon accounts.