cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed admin password

Andrewg
Level 3
hi all,
We recently changed our admin password on our network.  I also went in and changed the Logon Account password on my Backup Exec 9.1.  
All of our servers, except one, have backed up fine since then.  Our only NT 4.0 server will not backup.  I keep getting "Access is denied to remote agent.  Check the login account for the specified device"
I know it's because of the password, but can't figure out where I need to change this.
I can logon to that server with the new password, but for some reason, Backup Exec can't.  Any ideas as to what we missed?

Andrew
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...and if that doesn't work, uninstall the Remote Agent and reinstall it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Open Job Selection list properties, go to Resource Credentials, Highlight the NT Server and Click on Change (Connect As) and type in the Administrator account credentials. (I do not the exact options in BE 9.1)

Afterwords click on Test Credentials, if it fails we need to think on something different.

Dev_T
Level 6
Is the issue resolved?

Andrewg
Level 3
Hi Dev,

Thanks for your quick response. I got the same reply from another thread, I've tried this, but no luck.

Any other idea please

Andrew

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Is the NT Server a domain controller ,a member server or a stand alone server ?

Andrewg
Level 3
Hi Dev,
It's a member server, not a DC

Andrew

Dev_T
Level 6
I think you must have already tried adding the backup exec account as local admin

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...and if that doesn't work, uninstall the Remote Agent and reinstall it.

Andrewg
Level 3
 Hi Craig, 

Thanks a lot, it worked!!

Andrew