cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the BE services account

paul_st
Level 3
Backup Exec 10d
The softwre was installed and configured under the domain Admin account.
I now want to set it up so that the BE services log on under a newly created account, and not the Admin account.
I set up that account, and change the logon details from within BE itself.
The Agent Browser restarts fine, but none of the others do because the Device and Media service can no longer connect to the SQL database (which is running under the local system account).
How do I resolve this?

Paul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
The account you are specifying doesnt have enough right in to the machine or SQL.
Use the BEutility and grant the new account rights to the SQL database.
beutility is located in backup exec\nt directory

Mark

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

For Example : We have created a new user named : symantec in AD. We want to make this account as the Backup Exec Service Account.

1  : Before going further, first change the account as it was before.
(So we will be able to open the console of Backup Exec), go to services window stop all the BE Services and change it to the original account.Only remote agent service and the SQL service must run on Local system

2  : Open Backup Exec, add the newly created account (symantec in our example) and uncheck the check box "Restricted account" nad check the box Default account.

3  : Highlight the new account and click on System Account

4  : go to tools-->Backup Exec Services and Restart all Services

Make sure to add the new account in the Local Admin Group of the Backup Exec server if its not a Domain controller.

Please let me know if you face any issues

Marksw
Level 5
The account you are specifying doesnt have enough right in to the machine or SQL.
Use the BEutility and grant the new account rights to the SQL database.
beutility is located in backup exec\nt directory

Mark