cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checksum error (no articles allude to this it would seem)

Gossett
Level 6

First I just wanted to say I try every time I get an error to follow the link ID to the article. However it would appear this is another one that I can not find:

Any information is much appriciated. Oh and I did get a successful backup with this error (according to my alerts and the backup/restore tab the backup looks ok and, as i'm checking it, so far so good). Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Could you provide more information about Backup Exec & Exchange versions. Also, the backup target as in is it on disk, dedup or tape.

Gossett
Level 6

Sure sorry about that. Using BackupExec 2012 fully patched and updated. Using B2D on a NAS

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

What is the version of Exchange? Is this a DAG setup?

Make sure C:\Temp on Media Server and Exchange Server are added to your AntiVirus active scan exclusion list.

Re-run the backup job.

Gossett
Level 6

Exchange 2007 so no DAG setup.I actully don't have any antivirus running on this one (budgetary). I'll give it a shot. Thanks

lmosla
Level 6

Hi

Are the backups failing on full, incremental or both?

Are the Exchange tools installed on the media server?

Is there any Exchange maintenance running during the backup?

Gossett
Level 6

Are the backups failing on full, incremental or both?

I don't actually do an incremental on my Exchange. I do differential and full. It's only errored out on the differential to date.

Are the Exchange tools installed on the media server?

Yes.Is there any Exchange maintenance running during the backup?

My maintenance is set for 4am. my backups run around two hours so they start at 10pm and are done by 1am.

On another note just so we don't chase down something that doesn't need to be backups since this one (differential) have worked fine; i've verified.