cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning Slot in IBM TS3200 configuration.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

We have the following:-

1. IBM TS3200 Tape Library with 44 slots. One dedicated for cleaning tape.in the tape library.

2. BE 2014 on Windows 2008 R2 Std.

I have tried to clean the drive but errro is "Unable to find the cleaning media"..

I have check the media "Cleaning Media"  but there is not cleaning media in the same.

I have tried to do an inventry but unable to identify the cleaning slot.

where the IBM tape library very much showing the slot 9 as "Dedicated Cleaning Slot 9(1)" with the bar code CLNxxxL2.

So, how to recgonise the sleaning slot in the BE 2014..

Do I need to do some thing in the tape library... but as I have check the IBM console but failed to find any setting for the cleaning slot ..

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you disable the auto-clean function, it means that you have to take care of the cleaning yourself. Either by scheduling a cleaning job in BE or initiating a manual cleaning in BE

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

What happens when you delete the cleaning slot from the IBM interface, and then reinventory the library within BE?

Does it show the tape then? If so, then consider doing it this way instead of dedicating a slot.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Can you see the slot that you want to use as a cleaning slot in the BE console? If so, right-click on it and check the Cleaning Slot checkbox

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

No, I can not see the celaning slot nor the cleaning media in the BE console (Storage Tab).

I have done the inventry..but no use (either from BE consloe and along the Tape library console).

Thanks.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Usually this means that the auto-clean function of the library is enabled and there is no need for BE to initiate the clean. If you want BE to clean the library, them you have to access the library and disable the auto-clean function. Depending on your library you either use the front panel or the Web interface.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

You are right ..the auto clean option is enabled in the tape library...

so,disabling the auto clean option will enable that in the BE sonsole...

Thnaks.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you disable the auto-clean function, it means that you have to take care of the cleaning yourself. Either by scheduling a cleaning job in BE or initiating a manual cleaning in BE

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

ok.....

Let me check that....

Thanks.