cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear Down D2D Files

AgeasServer
Level 4

Hi

I was wondering if any one has a post script if on completion of backing up the D2D files to tape it clears down the D2D files older than a particular age.

What i am trying to achieve is basically to save space on our D2D landing zone, currently we back everything up to Disk and then back it up to tape, occasionally i go in and remove the last months worth of .bkf files due to no space, i was wondering if there was a way to automate this?

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Besides a script, you should ensure that the B2D files are set to overwrite, and not append. Along with this, if your Append/OPP settings are correct, your B2Ds are going to be overwritten at a particular point-in-time, and this will ensure that the entire disk is not used.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

BE 2012 would remove disk based backup sets based on the expiry time (with a background process doing the delete) instead of being based on both the overwrite protection setting and having to start an overwrite job. This change in ethos would probably achieve what you ask for although of course does involve having to also use a number of other differences between 2010 R3 (and earlier) and 2012