cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Client-side deduplication doesn't work. There are NDMP errors but doesn't make sense.

Tirelibirefe
Level 4

Hello;

Actually I've posted the same question before while I was using BE2012 but I couldn't have got any solutions although I opened a case to Symantec. I have a BE2014 server and the same problem is exist.

The problem is that client-side deduplication enabled jobs for remote servers can not be completed. The job is terminated 8-9 minutes later with the following error message:

Backup- \\REMOTESERVER01.mydomain.com\D:V-79-57344-33861 - The media operation was terminated by the user.
Storage device "P2000-Backup-Storage:4" reported an error on a request to write a media location identifier (file mark).
Error reported:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.

The same BE server can backup all other servers in the same subnet with the same configuration settings and as client-side deduplication enabled.

The same BE server can backup remote VMs without any problems but if I try backup a remote VM directly (not through Vcenter) the job can not be completed.

The storage is a HP P2000 DAS and dedicated as deduplication storage. The server is a HPDL370G7. The WAN link bandwidth is about 60-70 Mbit/s or higher...

I attached the debug log. Please take a look the ndmp connection erros.

What do you want me check guys?  I need to your advises.

Regards

Tirelibirefe

0 REPLIES 0