cord
Level 4

Environment:

- Backup Exec 2012, sp1a + al Hotfixes.

- 1x BE Media Server running WinSrv2008R2 Ent with 72 GB Ram

- 5x Agent Managed Servers all running WinSrv2008 R2 Std

- 1x Dedupe Storage device is a NAS.

Problem:

All of our Agent Managaed Servers are successfully backing up to a NAS everynight with Client Side Dedupe except one. On One of my Agent Managed Servers, I keep getting the following error, usually after a reboot of this Agent Managed Server:

The job completed successfully.  However, the following conditions were encountered: Client-side deduplication is enabled for this job, but it could not be used.

The above error does not happen all of the time. Ussualy, this agent managed server backups up fine. The problem usually presents itself when the agent managed or the media server are rebooted. Then the next backup will start showing the problem. I have tried every I know and I re-checked all of my settings and compared them against my other Agent Managed Servers. This problem ussually fixes itself after 2-4 days or by me constantly playing around with it. I do not have an actual work around that fixes this. Sometimes, a reboot fixes, other times, restarting BE Services + Dedupe Services on Media Server fixes it. Regardless, these "fixes" are not always reproducable.

For the Agent Managed Server Properties:

- Credentials: Status show all Success

- Properties: BE Versions matches Media Server (14.0.1798.0)

- Direct Access Sharing: Media Server is selected as well as our NAS Dedupe Device

Agent Managed Backup Job Properties:

- Test /Edit Credentials all Good

- Backup Options - Storage: NAS Dedupe device is select and set to use Client Side Dedupe

Things I have tried:

- Changing backup job properties to Server Side Dedupe, saving, and then changing back to Client Side Dedupe

- Rebooting Agent Managed Server, then restarting all Media Server services including Dedupe Device Services

- Rebooting Media Server

- Rebooting NAS Dedupe Device

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

cord
Level 4

I have already tried this as mentioned in my initial post

(where i tried switching back to Server Side Dedupe, saving, and then switching back to client side dedupe).

The link you provide is not resolving my issue...thanks though...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...SP1a installed on your media server with the additional patches? And have these been push-installed to any remote servers?

cord
Level 4

Yes. Verified from Media Server that All Agent Managed Servers BE version match.