cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster backup

Shahin
Level 6

Hi,

We have a Shared storage Cluster with 2 nodes. Right now the backup is done over the newtork to an Tape library that is connected to a different server.

Now I wnat to move the backup to a different network. currently we have add the cluster name to the BE 16 and installagent on both nodes. Both nodes have a free 10 GB of NIC and the BE server also has a free 10 GB nic. 

I know I can connect the free nics of all 3 servers to a diffrent switch and give each nic an IP ( 192.168.30.0/24) different then current network IP ( 10.0.10.0/24) and in the job propety chose that IP to be used for backup.

Question,

Would I still be able to backup data on my Cluster? curently the cluser.mydomain.locla is added to the servers in BE and when ping it get IP 10.0.10.150

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

You would be able to back up the cluster shared data if the IPs are linked to the virtual name.  Or if the cluster/application is active on the node where those IPs are configured.

--Virgil

Hi,

Thanks for your update.

Currebtly only IP 10.0.10.12 is linked to the cluster virtual name. 

Can we also link the 182.168.35.18 also to the cluster virtual name? Is this possible without crippling the access to Hyper-v VMs that are running on this cluster?

kf2013
   VIP   

You can add 192.168.x.x to Cluster CNO and then u can add this CNO  to BE