cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clustered - the non-active server show as off-line

Rick_Mallard
Level 3
I have 4 sets of clustered Windows 2003 servers. Each cluster has 2 servers. All have Backup Exec v10.d installed in a clustered configuration. The secondary (non-active) server shows as off-line on one. It shows as on-line on 2 others. And the last one shows the server as on-line but the tape library off-line. I have screen prints of all 4 if you need clarification.

My question is why are they different? I would have thought they should all say off-line since the BE services are off on the secondary server until it fails over.

Thanks,
Rick
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Have you installed backup exec on all the 4 cluster servers? What types of nodes are there? Are the active-active or active-passive? Where is the server seen as offline or online?

Do elaborate on the bcackup exec or agent installation on these cluster nodes. Refer to the following technote for additional information:

Basic requirements for installing Backup Exec on a cluster
http://support.veritas.com/docs/268822

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Rick_Mallard
Level 3
Yes Backup Exec 10d is installed on all 8 servers (4 - two node clusters). All clusters are active-passive. In the devices tab of Backup Exec the active server shows as online and the passive server shows as off-line on one cluster. Another cluster shows both (active and passive) servers as on-line. I wish I could post a bmp and show you. Any way to post a file? thanks - Rick

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Rick

The server on which you see the library as offline, check if it is not shown correctly in the hardware manager + try doing a failover on the other server and check the status of the library in BEWS.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.