cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cmdlet to list servers that do not have BE Agent installed

ridders
Level 3

Using Get-BEAgentServer It lists all servers with BE Agent installed, however what is the command to list servers that do not have BE Agent installed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ridders
Level 3

For anyone interested, I solved this in the end by using a symbolic link to the NAS.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no such cmdlet.  You would have to subtract the servers with BE agents from your list of all servers to get what you want.

ridders
Level 3

Pkh, perhaps i miss understand but the impression I get from what your saying is that I should be able to see a list displaying both servers with BE agent installed and without? if that is the case, then I'm not getting that, all I can see in the list are workstations and the local machine with BEAgent installed. The server I'm intrested in accessing does not have BEagent installed, however I can access it via the GUI. I need to access it via powershell however.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If using 2012 you could perhaps use the disovery feature to try and find servers, althoguh I am not sure you can then export the result using a command or only see it in the console.

Also please be aware that I think the "Remote Agent installed" list may well be limited to "remote agent installed AND publishing to media server", although not having checked this I am not 100% sure.

If you can script something in your environment that can check for remote servers that listen on Port 10000 then that might be a more accurate way to find the same info.

ridders
Level 3

I am able to list and select servers, which have the agent installed. The difficulty is in selecting servers such as NAS units which can not have an agent installed, and can only be backed up using the "allow selection of user shares" option enabled.

If I try and specify one of these servers I get the following error:

New-BEBackupDefinition : Cannot bind parameter 'AgentServer'. Cannot convert value "NAS01" to type "BackupExec.Management.CLI.BEAgentServer". Error: "No Age
ntServer objects were found that use value "NAS01". Call Get-BEAgentServer to get a list of possible objects."
At line:1 char:23
+ New-BEBackupDefinition <<<<
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [New-BEBackupDefinition], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgumentNoMessage,BackupExec.Management.CLI.Commands.NewBEBackupDefinitionCommand

How can I create a job for servers or appliances that do not support BEAgents or NDMP?

ridders
Level 3

Still no solution?

ridders
Level 3

For anyone interested, I solved this in the end by using a symbolic link to the NAS.