cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compacting backupexec database and catalogs, or store catalogs on nas

kyle_krenz
Level 4
Hi, i have a urgent question that i need answered. Our backupexec database is starting to get pretty big and i need to know if there is some way i can reduce the size of the database, clean it out of junk or something or just some way to make it smaller. The other question is how can i do the same for the catalogs.

Reason being is they are starting to get excessively large for the storage we have on our backup server and is close to 72gigs for both catalogs and database. Any solution to this problem will be much appreciated.

Also another question is can i store the catalogs on a separate server to save space on the backup server and not affect speed much. Reason i ask this is we have a fairly big nas server that has more then enough space to store them but i want to know if it will affect the performance drastically or not at all. If this can happen then there will be no need to compact either since it would free up the space i need. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer to the following document:

How to compact the VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) DB database in Backup Exec 9.x for Windows Servers to shrink the database file

http://support.veritas.com/docs/268316

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to the �answered questions� pool.

kyle_krenz
Level 4
This helped alittle. But found a way to move my catalogs to a drive with more space which solved the issue.