cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparision - Backup Exec DLO and CommVault Simpana

Dataway
Level 4

Can I get a Comparision between Backup Exec 2010 DLO and CommVault Simpana Workstation Backup and Recovery Software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

teiva-boy
Level 6

While I love BackupExec and many of it's features...  DLO is just a lost orphan.  The thing has just not evolved or been maintained over the years short of critical bugs or OS compatibility.  

It's really no comparison if looking at workstation backup.

Now, BackupExec System Recovery is more full featured, doing even bare metal recovery...  It does not store the data that efficiently like how CommVault does, but then again, I'm pretty sure CommVault may charge for the dedupe feature too?  So BESR is cheaper, but not as efficient at CommVault...  Pick your requirements, your budget, and see where those products match up...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

teiva-boy
Level 6

While I love BackupExec and many of it's features...  DLO is just a lost orphan.  The thing has just not evolved or been maintained over the years short of critical bugs or OS compatibility.  

It's really no comparison if looking at workstation backup.

Now, BackupExec System Recovery is more full featured, doing even bare metal recovery...  It does not store the data that efficiently like how CommVault does, but then again, I'm pretty sure CommVault may charge for the dedupe feature too?  So BESR is cheaper, but not as efficient at CommVault...  Pick your requirements, your budget, and see where those products match up...