cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible Tape Drives

Michael_Wright_
Level 2
I need to make a decision whether to stay with my existing backup solution (NetVault) which my new VAR doesn't support or purchase new Veritas Backup Exec software that they recommend. I don't mind switching software, but I hate to replace the hardware right away. I have a Cybernetics CY-L21TG1W for about two years now. The replacement HP drive more than doubles my migration cost. Is it true that my Cybernetics drive is incompatible with Backup Exec? Could I change software now and upgrade hardware later when I outgrow it?

-Mike
3 REPLIES 3

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Michael!

Please visit following link which provides the Hardware Comaptibility List for BEWS:

http://support.veritas.com/rd/bews-compatibility.htm

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Michael_Wright_
Level 2
I checked the compatibility list before I posted my first message!
I was hoping that there may be a way to support my drive even though it isn't listed.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note that since the device is not listed in the compatibility list we cannot guarantee it's functionality with the Backup Exec.

However you can try using OEM drivers.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.