cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed Status: Job Failed

JShaw
Level 3

Good Morning,

I am a new bloke when it comes to Veritas and this error could be something simple.

Obviously I didn't ask anyone in work as I want to research for myself and try my own steps before passing it over to my senior.

Basically I am having an issue with Veritas Back-up Exec 16 on a Win2012 R2 Server, and the only message I get is Completed Status: Failed

Just wondering if anyone has any idea why? I've tried re-running the back-up to no avail.

Regards,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Suggest you log a formal support case - as you will probably have to look into Debug Logs to find the cause

Do other VMs work? and/or if the job is a multi-VM job can you test a backup with only 1 VM in it

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JShaw
Level 3

Due to the information I work with I can't post the entire job log etc but heres one bit.

Job Log: BEX_BTZ1BU01_00431.xml

Backed up 0 files in 0 directories.
Backed up 1 virtual machine disks
Processed 69,646,149,800 bytes in  7 minutes and  45 seconds.
Throughput rate: 8570 MB/min

Now this is a duplicate of a full back-up going to a tape drive. 

Job Log: BEX_BTZ1BU01_00431.xml

Backup Options
Compression Type: None

Encryption Type: None

DirectCopy to tape: Disabled

In back-up options it has that, because this is ment to be backing up to a tape drive does DirectCopy to tape need to be enabled?

selva4
Level 4
Employee

The direct copy to Tape option is for VTL, not for RTL. It does not apply to your situation if you are using a Robotic library.

Sorry, I completely forgot about this post.

Still having this issue and it doesn't give me any form of error code or anything to track down and tie in with other issues to see if anyone has a fix for this.

I have tried searching through the internet and still nothing, has anyone else come across this issue?

I have tried changing the times of back-ups, re-running the full so the duplicate kicks straight off, took the "automatically run straight after full back up complete" option off and tried manually running the back-up and still nothing.

It doesn't give any file paths, error codes, any form of messages saying certain files can't be copied. It is just saying Job Status: Failed and it is pretty annoying now.

So, just to update everyone.

Having looking through the job back-up sets and the job log. Veritas shows the boxes set-up in this particular job have definitely backed up and also on the job log it shows these jobs have been fully verified and completed with no issues.

I believe this error message maybe a fault with Veritas itself and none of my jobs? The question is if all the back-up sets have successfully been verified, then what is failing? 

I will keep digging in to this through jobs etc to see if maybe a certain directory gets skipped without Veritas notifying myself. And if I find a solution to rid this error message after all the appropriate checks have completed I will post up here.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Suggest you log a formal support case - as you will probably have to look into Debug Logs to find the cause

Do other VMs work? and/or if the job is a multi-VM job can you test a backup with only 1 VM in it