Not applicable

Scenario

Devices

Backup Server : RHEL 5.4
Tape Library  : Dell TL 2000
Software Used : Backup Exec 2010
Installed on  : Windows XP

Scenario,

I have a Backup Server running on RHEL 5.4 on which i regualarly take my Backups.
Now i have a new Dell TL 2000 Tape Library with 12 Tapes from which i have only one Tape installed.
The Backup Server and Tape are connected by Fiber on my SAN Switch.
I have installed Backup Exec 2010 on Windows XP which is connected Locally.(Not Fiber)
The Tape Library and the Linux Machine have been configured in the software.
The Linux agent has been installed on the Backup Server.

What i Want to Do

I want to move my Backup from my Backup Server directly to the Tape Library using Backup Exec 2010 installed on Windows Xp.

Issues Faced.

I can browse the contents of the local machine on which backup exec has been installed but not of the remote backup server.
When i try to connect i am facing issues related to system default accounts.

Error Messages

The Data was not able to be validated

The system account could not be authenticated

There are also issues related to services

Help Need ASAP Please

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I want to move my Backup from my Backup Server directly to the Tape Library using Backup Exec 2010 installed on Windows Xp. 

For doing this your tape library should be directly attached top your media server. (In your case XP machine.)

Regards...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Not going to happen unless you have an FC card compatible with Windows XP. You'd then have to zone the FC switches to see the media server. If you cannot get an FC card to slot into your workstation, it's not going to work.

That said, update the XP media server with any available patches. Once done, do a push-install of those patches to any remote servers. Also make sure that if you are on a domain, that the XP server is on the domain as well, and that you use a domain account with the correct priviledges to run as a service account.

Thanks,

Craig