cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confuguring reports with all the activities in Backup Exec 2010

Shrovan_Bhangar
Level 1

I am managing a number of servers where Backup Exec 2010 is installed as a backup tool. Everyday it takes a lot of time to check all the servers backup status. I want to configure all the alerts,job success,inventory and the tape or media related errors in a report and then it will come to my mail ID. Please help me if anyone has any solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You can either configure the required reports to run on each server on a schedule, or look at something like CASO which can be used effectively as a reporting tool.

Running scheduled reports is going to generate a lot of reports meaning you have to collate them yourself.

Using CASO means you can pull reports on the managed media servers from a central location. CASO is a licensed option, so bear that in mind.

In my case, I used CASO to manage the MMS servers, and a 3rd party tool to report on the backups as the reports were better, but that was simply how I did things.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You can either configure the required reports to run on each server on a schedule, or look at something like CASO which can be used effectively as a reporting tool.

Running scheduled reports is going to generate a lot of reports meaning you have to collate them yourself.

Using CASO means you can pull reports on the managed media servers from a central location. CASO is a licensed option, so bear that in mind.

In my case, I used CASO to manage the MMS servers, and a 3rd party tool to report on the backups as the reports were better, but that was simply how I did things.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no one report which will give you all that you want.  You would have to pick the correct reports from the Reports tab and/or create your own customised reports.