cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to PC running Remote Server Agent

Matthew_Jones
Not applicable
I had a PC that was once connected to my Backup Exec Server using the Remote Backup Server Agent. I realize that this is not the correct manner to backup a PC, but our management would not approve the purchase of the Client Agent. Anyway, it was working but that PC was just replaced with a different PC. I installed the Remote Server Agent on the PC and it is running. However when I attempt to connect to this PC from the Server I get an error that the credentials are not correct. I am using the domain administrator username/password that is used on the server as well as on the PC's local domain but still no luck.

Would file and print sharing or the windows firewall have anything to do with it? What else can I try beside getting the Client Agent? The PC is WinXP Pro SP2.

Matthew
1 REPLY 1

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Matthew,

Can you tell me the exact error message when you try to connect to the remote Windows XP SP2 PC from Backup Exec server ?

Please check if port 10000 is free. If not then please free it as Remote Agent uses this port for communication.

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.