cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to SQL Database

Steve_4
Level 4

Hi All,

I am running Backup Exec 2014; Version 14.1 Rev. 1786 (Latest)
On Windows Server 2012 R2

Recently Backup Exec 2014 just finished it's trial time.
I was previously able to connect to and backup SQL.
I had already installed all of the required licenses on the server prior to this time.

After the period ended, I am able to receive a connection from within Backup Exec to any of the SQL servers, but cannot open or backup the database in the selection list (I receive an incorrect logon error) The Backup error was not helpful either.
I am able to connect to and backup Sharepoint and Exchange which are connected to the same license, Applications and Databases.

Any help much appreciated,
Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try removing the SQL server from the Backup & Restore tab and re-add it. Check if you are able to select the SQL DBs or not.

If not, enable SGmon debugging and try to browse the backup selections again. Post the SGmon log over here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve_4
Level 4

Hi VJware,

As specified, this issue only ocurred after the trial period.
Forgot to mention, I was previously able to connect and backup SQL with no issue prior to this.

I have also double checked and nothing has changed on the SQL server side so the account still has all required permissions.

Thanks,
Steve

VJware
Level 6

Does the logon account which is specified as the credential for the SQL backup job have sysadmin rights ?

If the BE account has all the necessary rights to backup SQL such as sysadmin, db_owner etc, then try reinstalling the remote agent on the SQL server. Also, do ensure remote connections to the SQL instance (TCP/IP and Named Pipes) are enabled.

Also, you would need 1 Agent for Applications & Database license per application. Typically, if this was a licensing issue, then the error message would have mentioned about licensing.

VJware
Level 6

Try removing the SQL server from the Backup & Restore tab and re-add it. Check if you are able to select the SQL DBs or not.

If not, enable SGmon debugging and try to browse the backup selections again. Post the SGmon log over here.

Steve_4
Level 4

Hmm I thought that I had done that already but must have just added the other SQL server to test instead!
Removing and re-adding has restored connection to the database.

Thanks for your help,
Steve